SERVICES & INSPECTIONS
FEATURES THAT MAY QUALIFY FOR PREMIUM DISCOUNTS:
1. Roof coverings, such as shingles that meet or exceed the FBC Requirements.
2. Roof decks that have been installed with 8d nails or better with correct spacing.
3. Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls.
4. Protection of Openings such as windows and glass doors with impact resistant glazing or other protection systems.
5. Secondary Water Resistance that prevents the roof from leaking if the roof covering is blown off in a windstorm.
6. Roof Design, Hip roofs seem to divert the stronger winds and therefore sustain less damage.
7. Garage Doors require reinforcement. Shutters have little value when the garage door is not protected.
This inspection usually takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete depending on the complexity of the home and the difficulty of access.
We will need access to the attic and all exterior sides of the home. Make sure there are no obstacles blocking the attic entrance. Also, if you have pets, please make sure they are secured. If you have documentation on your roof, shutters, garage doors, or high impact windows, please have them ready for us to review.
American Building Inspectors does not guarantee that your insurance provider will offer discounts with this attachment. Contact your Homeowners Insurance agent and ask for details.